Saturday, August 23, 2008

Second post- Contextualizing?

b. You context…talk a little bit about yourself and about your context—what things might inform or color your opinions on the world and on what you encounter in others’ responses to it? This might include your age, your thoughts about your future, your family, your demographics, your experiences, etc

Things that may inform or color my opinions are the fact that I'm a 17 year old male from a middle class family. My parents are both immigrants from the third world country of Sri Lanka. I've been raised a devout, moderate Catholic. I want to major in business when I go to college. I'm applying to University of Notre Dame, UW, Georgetown, Gonzaga, and a few other places; I'm not positive where I want to go for sure. I row. A lot. My goal is to one day row in the Olympics, and as for experiences, I suppose it would depend on the situation to say what experiences might influence my opinions.

Edit- My name is Mihindukulusuriya Sahan Mario Joseph Fernando



No comments: